HNSA Crest with photos of visitors at the ships.

Soviet B-413

Soviet B-413 submarine at her berth in Kaliningrad.

Type: Diesel-electric Submarine
Class: Project 641 (NATO designation Foxtrot)
Launched: 7 September 1968
At: Novoadmiralteysky Shipyard, Leningrad, Russia
Commissioned: 24 November 1968

Length: 299 feet, 6 inches (91.3 meters)
Beam: 27 feet, 11 inches (8.5 meters)
Draft: 16 feet, 5 inches (5 meters)
Displacement: 1,945 tons (surfaced)
Armament: 533 mm torpedoes and mines; six bow torpedo tubes and four stern torpedo tubes.

Address:
Museum of the World Ocean
Naberezhnaya Petra Velikogo, 1
236006 Kaliningrad
Russia
+7 (4012) 34-0244, +7 (4012) 53-1744
Fax: +7 (4012) 34-0211
Email: postmaster@vitiaz.koenig.ru
http://world-ocean.ru/b-413
Latitude: 54.7060729468, Longitude: 20.5029192149
Google Maps, Microsoft Bing, Yahoo Maps, Mapquest

The B-413 served from 1969 to 1990 in the Soviet Northern Fleet. She visited Havana, Cuba and Conakry Guinea in 1969. In 1987, she was recognized by the Northern Fleet Commander in Chief as an Honor Ship for her exemplary mine-laying performance. From 1991 to 1999 the B-413 operated as a unit of the Baltic Fleet. Shortly after her decommissioning, she was transferred to the Museum of the World Ocean in July 2000. In August 2000 the Museum conducted a fundraising campaign for the families of crewmembers who perished in the submarine Kursk. Aboard the B-413 is an exhibit entitled "The History of the Russian Undersea Fleet".

Soviet B-413 submarine underway.

Return to the HNSA Home Page.

 

Copyright © 1997-2013, Historic Naval Ships Association.
All Rights Reserved.
Legal Notices and Privacy Policy
Version 3.03